Hamilton Wood & Company (Manchester) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals using this website. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). The following statement discloses the privacy practices for
Information collection & use
Hamilton Wood & Company does not store or collect any personal information about site users, unless requested to do so by you. Typically we collect information about you;
- To process your order
- When signing up to receive a newsletter
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent other than standard details which allow us to process your order such as name & address. The information we hold will be accurate, up to date and where applicable such sensitive information will be stored encrypted.
Your details will not be leased, rented or sold to any third party company.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive while they are visiting a particular website. It contains simple information about the user's identity but no personal information. This is primarily used to provide a unique experience while on our site. When the user closes their browser, the cookie is typically destroyed with the exception of account management cookies when the “remember me” check box is selected.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU directive - known as the "Cookie Directive" the following activities may set a cookie on your computer.
- Accessing our site (detrimental requirement), we store a session cookie which holds a random unique reference so that we can determine how many unique visitors we have received. This is destroyed once you leave our site or close your browser and cannot track you.
- Logging in to your account (None detrimental requirement) If “remember me“is selected then this stores a unique number so that we can personalise the experience you receive while using our website such as; account access, pre filling forms and preferences. Also allows you to re access your account without the need to login each time.
- Site polls and questionnaires (detrimental requirement), stores your chosen options while using the feature or service. Without accepting these cookies we cannot reliably process your poll selection or questionnaires through to completion.
- Placing an order (detrimental requirement), stores basic information such as shipping courier preferences, country location and discount codes when used. Once an order is complete all cookies are destroyed. Without accepting these cookies we cannot reliably process your order through to completion.
As with all websites our servers collect and store general log files, these are for our technical department and log event such as pages visited and error reports. Our records do not contain any personal information about users.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Hamilton Wood & Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of other websites.